I’ve been really busy and thought I’d give you an update.
- How do you like my new website? I love it! Except that I can’t get my “Find me on social media” buttons to work. Hopefully soon.
- The Getting to Know You Survey is now closed. There wasn’t a spot for people to enter their name, just their email addresses. My mistake. I don’t want to post their email addresses here, so I have contacted the winners (Check your email) and will post their names when they respond. Half of the 16 winners have already responded.
- The facebook party was quiet but fun. I enjoyed a more intimate ‘chat’ with the people who visited.
- In all, I have a much better ideas of who my readers are, so I don’t feel like I’m writing in a vacuum, and I possibly got some ideas on how to reach them and how to keep them happy. 🙂 I’ll post some of the interesting responses in my next post.
- I’m moving right along on the rough draft of the next full length Fortune Bay book, probably to be called, Starting Over. I’m 1/3 of the way through, clearing my social schedule to write every day. I plan to have the draft done by the end of July, when I will send it to my editor and go to the UK for a holiday. I’m hoping to have it out in October… The delay was that, at the same time, I was planning the next three books, a related but separate series. Maybe not the most efficient way to work, but you can’t force the muse.
- I’m changing the cover of Lake of Dreams. Visually I love how crisp it is, but too often readers think it is very young, maybe even Young Adult. I’ll be posting a few cover ideas for your comments soon!
- If, in the past, you went to my pinterest page you may have wondered, what’s with all the Victorian pics? I’ve removed them so the pins page is mostly Fortune Bay and some of my interests now. Check it out.
- I reworked Family Matters, the sequel novella to The Good Neighbor that I have been giving to my VIP Readers (formerly called the inner circle. I felt it sounded too covenish so I changed it.) I thought I’d release Family Matters as an ebook, and I still might. You could call it a bridge novella between the first books and Starting Over, but I don’t want to spoil the story in The Good Neighbor for new readers. Not sure, but I’m happy with the changes.
- The new VIP Readers website is almost ready. If you’ve reviewed any of the Fortune Bay books, and are interested in joining the VIP Readers group and receiving Advanced Readers Copies of the upcoming books and other perks, send me an email at Judy@JudithHudsonAuthor.com and tell me where you’ve reviewed any of the books and the name you use.
I think that’s all. It’s enough! I’m happy to be working on the new book though, and will be in touch soon.