It’s never too early for chocolate!
It’s not Christmas yet – and I certainly don’t have my decorations up or my shopping done – but Santa’s Dark Secret cookies (the ones Louise makes for Blue in Home for Christmas) are good anytime, despite their name.
Home for Christmas is available on
- 1 1/2 cups butter (be generous)
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 2 3ggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa sifted into the flour
- 1 tsp baking soda added to the flour
- 3/4 tsp salt add to the flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon added to the flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- Cream butter in an electric mixer.
- Add sugars, mix, add eggs, mix well.
- Put flour in a bowl. Take out a tablespoonfull or so and add to the dried cherries, separating them in the flour.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to creamed butter mixture.
- Add chocolate chips and cherries. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Drop from spoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 minutes at 350°
Share this Recipe
3 thoughts on “Santa’s Dark Secret”
Sounds delicious! Congrats on your new release! I love all your covers!
These cookies sound like a keeper. I printed a copy. Thanks for sharing.
Congratulations on the new release! Love your cover. The cookies look delicious, too. 🙂