Don’t have an eReader? Or even if you do, you might want to turn your tablet or phone into an eReader. Start taking advantage of online book deals, whether from kindle, kobo or nook. Do like the iPad users do and download a free app to turn your PC tablet, iPad or phone, whether android or iPhone, into an eReader.
The advantages to reading on an eReader are many:
- they are often lighter or smaller than a bound book
- you control the font size, and screen brightness and color
- buy books instantly by connecting online
- link your tablet and phone (by downloading an app in your user name to each) then check in with your book anywhere, anytime you have your phone
- eBooks are generally much less expensive than even paperbacks
- take advantage of special eBook sales and giveaways
- connect to free books at your library without going to pick them up
- no stacks weighing down your nightstand
- no nice paper smell and feel
- it is harder, although not impossible, to share books
I’m a convert, for all of the pro’s reasons. And while I have a kindle and used to have a kobo reader, lately I have also been reading my kindle books on my phone and think I might go for a small reading tablet when my kindle gives out (although they seem to last forever) so I can access my kobo library.
Try it yourself. Go to the app store on your device and download the appropriate app, set up an account at the online retailer, if you don’t already have one, register your device(s) and you’re ready to go. If you have an iPad or iPhone, you might have one hidden on your device that will access apple books.
Then download the free e-copy of the first book in the Fortune Bay series, Summer of Fortune from the sidebar on the right and start reading. Then I’ll send you notifications and general news whenever I have a new book out or on special sale.